The Nation's Health

Fat people, stairs and backs.......(the follow up)

Following the posting of my last blog it appears I offended some people. Let me make this very clear. I don't care, however, in the interest of rousing debate and gathering public opinion i'm going to make the conversation I had public. These are my opinions and mine alone. Some people will agree with me and some will disagree. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Oh, and her name wasn't really Carol!

Carol: "How dare you chastise people who are suffering. Your job is to help people and berating them is nothing short of negligent"

Me: "They are my opinions, I base them solely on experience and fact. You clearly have an agenda for your dislike of my posting"

Carol: "Its not an agenda, I am obese and also the full time carer for my husband. He is 42 stone and isn't able to work. He is ill and to think that if he needs an ambulance someone as biased and bigoted as you may show up is horrible. You are a fucking disgrace to your profession. Fat hater"

Me: "My opinions have NEVER compromised my patient care, nor my treatment to a patient. I didn't say morbidly obese patients didn't deserve care, I merely said throwing money at bigger equipment is not the answer. If you dragged yourself away from the donuts and read my blog properly you would understand that. Also, if you want to berate me, have the balls to do it publicly where I can defend your baseless accusations"

Carol: "Fuck off"

Me: "Good response"

Carol: "Yeah it was, I don't like the way his illness is singled out"


This whole blog is a pot calling the kettle black
moment so while i'm on a roll !!

Me: "Again, read read read. I quote my blog 'I know that morbid obesity is an illness, like alcoholism, but they are both avoidable & they are both lifestyle choices'. I havnt singled morbid obesity out, i've said it his an illness through lifestyle choice. That is fact"

Carol: "You are despicable. You are going to hell"

Me: "I don't care what you think, not one iota. If you'd voiced your opinion i'd engage in discussion with you but abuse is not welcome. Whine to someone who gives a damn"

Carol: "Fuck you"

(blocked)

Ok, the donut comment was a cheap shot but I don't write my blog to appease the masses or make friends. It's my way of venting frustrations, voicing opinions and sharing funny experiences. I try to educate and amuse in my own little way. I don't go out of my way to offend but if i do, I won't make any apologies for it. 99% of people who have read my blog take it how it is meant. I'm not a nasty person and am sympathetic to anyone who is ill. That is why I do this job. That doesn't mean I can't moan and suggest ways to right the wrongs in society. Sticking my head in the sand and saying everything is ok is naive to say the least. Thank you to everyone who has agreed and disagreed. I'm always open to discussion, just not an onslaught of abuse. Over and out!