The Nation's Health

Crunchy Top Brownies, Return of a Favorite

This recipe was one of the first I ever posted back in 2010, and I did so without a pictures. What a travesty, because a picture is the most enticing part!

I made this for my birthday again this year, like I did my freshman year of undergrad and they are just as delicious now as they were then. I posted a picture on Instagram and my sister told I had to post the recipe if I hadn't already, so I thought a recipe refresher would be just the ticket.

Eat with caution, these will cause brownie addiction.

Crunchy Top Brownies
Serves 36 (they are pretty rich!)

1 pkg brownie mix prepared according to box, or other favorite brownie recipe - must be at least a 9x13 pan

7 oz. marshmallow cream

1 c. crunchy peanut butter
1 c. chocolate chips
1 c. butterscotch chips
3 c. Rice Krispies

Bake brownie according to instructions. Put marshmallow cream over brownies while hot. Cool. Combine chips over heat, then add peanut butter. Add Rice Krispies. Spread carefully over bars, dropping by tablespoon fulls over the top, then spreading is often the easiest. Store in refrigerator.

***These are not a dietitian everyday approved food. On my birthday I will make an exception. :)