The Nation's Health

Los Pablanos

Two posts in one day! I must be feeling ambitious at the moment. This weekend was really great for me, I completed my level 1 yoga training through YogaFit (yay!!) - so this weekend was two full days of yoga and training. (My back definitely felt it last night and I was exhausted.) Becoming a yoga instructor is something I've always wanted to do and now I have started down the path to completing my 200hr training program, only 182 hours left to go.
But to get to the main picture portion of this post, I had the great fortune of being taken out to Los Pblanos, a historic in and organic farm, for dinner on Saturday night. Everything is taken fresh from the farm and always centered around what is in season. I seriously can not get over how beautiful it was there (even though we only saw it at night). They had lights up in the trees illuminating their branches, old tree lined drive up to the inn, a pond with gorgeous still reflections of the night sky above, quiet courtyards with sleeping fountains, aromas of farm life, and a dinning atmosphere that felt like I stepped out of Albuquerque and landed in a small European town (I was so in love with all of it).

We started out with some complementary herbed biscuits and butter... and of course some wine.
The conversation was hushed around the room while diners enjoyed their meal and wine while quiet jazz played in the background. I try to imagine the spring time with the doors open to the patio, simply beautiful.
For dinner I had a vegetable risotto with arugula and caramelized carrot, with hints of goat cheese.
Dessert, however, was quite possibly my favorite - ricotta tart with burnt honey sauce, apricot compote and pistachios. I NEED to find out how to replicate this.

What a special treat this was. I plan to recommend this to anyone looking for a unique experience. Reservations required.

As Monday morning rolled around, I wasn't ready to let go of all the peace and perfection I felt from the weekend.

Namaste.