The Nation's Health

Pretzel Bottom Banana Cupcakes with Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting

Does the name have you salivating yet? Don't take my word for it, but they taste even better than they sound. Before I go too far, I would like to put these in the not-actually-healthy-but-taste-darn-good category. I was riffling through Pinterest one day trying to find ideas of something to make for family gatherings over the holidays and found these treasures - so while they turned out amazing, I can't take any creativity credit. How Sweet It Is has the full recipe, I just wanted to share these pictures with you all and give any inspiration I can.

For health in the holidays, my moto is anything in moderation. And these cupcakes definitely fit under moderation, I've been eating them a half cupcake at a time with the last few that remain (kept in the fridge to some kind of freshness maintenance).
More holiday photos to come. For the time being, please enjoy these cupcakes... I think I'll maybe sprinkle the top with crushed pretzels next time. To decorate, since I didn't have my pastry decorating tools at my parent's, I just cut the tip off the corner of a plastic bag - works like a charm.
Happy Holidays from my oven to yours. :)
- Ingrid