The Nation's Health

Turkey, Cranberry, Brie Sandwich: proof that work is worth it

Have you ever had a sandwich that just sings? Of course not literally, but feels like the perfect melody and lyrics rolled in to one for your taste buds. It should be the perfect mix of tangy, creamy, chewy bread, and a last pop of something at the end.

As I've mentioned writing before, I love to make my own bread, but haven't as much in the most recent past. This sandwich changed that. I had a mix of oats and seeds bread mix from Meadow Farm Foods that my mom sent with me during my move which I decided to finally bake. The cranberry chutney for this is actually different from my normal Cranberry Chutney and called for added onions, garlic, and other ingredients for a more savory flavor.

The perfect after Thanksgiving sandwich (to confess, I made it before TG, but this would be perfect for all those leftovers):

The bread:

The cranberry apricot chutney:
I got the recipe from here.

The final product:
On the bottom piece of bread I layered smoked turkey slices and brie, then slid that half under the broiler to melt the cheese. Next I topped the sandwich with ~1/4 c. cranberry chutney and the second piece of bread. One last pop in to the oven to broil and toast the bread for a crunchy finish and viola!
Perfection.
The work of spending 3 hours on the bread and another on the chutney was definitely worth the final product. Slow food is definitely a relaxation for me.

A week late but think about trying this with your leftovers next year!