The Nation's Health

Blueberry Surprise Bread

Some days I really like to challenge myself and find something, anything to mix and bake together - this past week as I was cleaning out my cupboards in moving preparation, I whipped up this blueberry loaf with... Paneer! Surprise! Paneer is an Indian cheese, not highly flavorable so it worked well with baking. You could substitute any other mild (harder) cheese for paneer. I also used half oat flour which made the texture a little finer but also slightly denser.

BlueberrySurprise Bread

1c dried blueberries (rehydrated in hot water)
3 eggs
1 c soy milk
1/2 c honey
1/4 c oil
1 c oat flour
1 c all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350F.

In a separate bowl, rehydrate blueberries for about 10 minutes, drain liquid and set aside. In one bowl, combine all of the liquid ingredients and eggs. In another bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. Stir the dry into the wet, then gently fold in the blueberries.

Bake in a loaf pan for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

Enjoy!