The Nation's Health

Ginger Peach Muffins

I told you I was on a kick with garbanzo bean flour, right? Well here it is again! I love baking (obviously) but wanted to branch out a little and see how I could add more nutrition into what I love. This recipe sprang from a recipe I saw for a chocolate cupcake made with garbanzo flour, but I wasn't in the mood for chocolate and had a plethora of peaches that I needed to do something with - quick. Ginger peach tea just happens to be one of my favorite hot teas at the coffee shop by my former office, so what a better tribute than to transfer that into a muffin.

Ginger Peach Muffins (with Garbanzo Bean Flour)
Makes ~30 muffins

2 1/2 c garbanzo bean flour
1 1/2 c sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1 tsp fresh ginger
2 eggs
1/3 c olive oil
3/4 c soy milk (or regular milk)
1 c boiling water
2 peaches diced

Sift the dry ingredients together in a large boil. Whisk the eggs, olive oil, and milk in a bowl. Add the milk egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Mix in the water and then stir in the peaches as the end.

Preheat oven to 350F. Line muffin tin with cupcake papers. Fill each line half way with muffin batter.
Bake for 25 minutes or until top of muffins are springy to the touch.

Tops will most likely fall - they don't look super pretty, but their light texture makes up for that. They remind me of a very fine cupcake texture rather than a muffin - breakfast will look better with these protein rich tasty treats.

Looks good! But that could just be the blue and orange. ;)