The Nation's Health

Pistachio Pudding Cupcakes

There are rare occasions when I'll bake something special dessert wise for no particular reason, but I saw this recipe on EatLiveRun and just had to try it out! Fortunately for me, the next evening I could bring them to a prelim passing celebration for a friend. I love baking for other people, mainly because I can taste the product but don't get stuck eating the rest (15-16 cupcakes) because I would feel compelled to eat them before they went "bad". And for some reason other people seem to appreciate baked goods. ;)

Pistachio Pudding Cupcakes

I followed the cake recipe from EatLiveRun but changed the frosting to frozen whipped topping with sugar-free pudding as it seems to keep more stable than home-made whipped cream. The cake texture is slightly like a denser angle food cake and the whipped frosting is light and fluffy. I garnished with some chopped pistachios for a little salt and crunch.

Enjoy!!