The Nation's Health

Weekend(s) Eats - Pumpkin Pancakes and French Toast

Initially I was going to put up a few new recipes... but some a are few weeks old and I forgot the recipe! Most of my cooking is experimental dumping of ingredients, smelling spices, and trying to configure the correct ratios. Which means if I don't get a recipe written down in a few days I'm likely to forget the exact quantities... sorry!
Instead, I've decided to put in a mesh of what I've made for weekend mornings over the past few weeks.

Whipped oatmeal with nut butter, walnuts, raisins, and maple syrup.
Pumpkin pancakes... I am kicking myself because this is the recipe I so desperately want to remember! Something like 1 c. buttermilk, 1 egg, 1 c. pumpkin, 1.25 c. flour, pumpkin spices, 1tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp baking soda? Needless to say, they were great. I suppose I will just have to make them again and record the recipe.
They turned out so fluffy and delicious.
French Toast - 1 egg, 1/3 c. vanilla almond milk, 2 slices of whole wheat bread. Delicious topped with peanut butter, chocolate hazelnut, and a splash of real maple syrup.
I will call this little beauty - Sweet Potato Hash. Shredded sweet potato, 2 eggs, clumps of spinach, and some smoked gouda cheese. So good I might be making all of my egg and potato dishes with sweet potatoes now.
Pumpkin whip/dip/fluff - 1 can pumpkin, 1 dry sugar-free vanilla pudding mix, 12 oz lite cool whip. Really good served with apples or ginger snaps.
Last but certainly not least! Pumpkin ravioli from Trader Joe's - just sprinkle with parmesan. Ok, this obviously wasn't for breakfast... but it fit in the weekend theme and it's pumpkin. Tis the season!
Slowly but surely crawling out of my rut. I have some good items planned for this week's lunches - including a squash surprise bisque.
I can hardly believe it's already November! Where did time go?