Diabetes is one of the biggest medical conditions that affect most people and families. So how do we prevent diabetes? If you are worried and concerned how to avoid getting this dreaded illness I will give a few tips.
How to Prevent DiabetesOther people are reading: Correct diet for a mild diabetic
How to Prevent Diabetes ?
1) Keep a healthy balanced weight. Most who get diagnosed are overweight. If you have fat around the middle. It does increase your risk to develop diabetes.
2) Know the family history. If it runs in your family it increases your chances to develop diabetes at a later stage in your life.
3) Be active. Physically active. When you exercise regularly you help maintain a healthy weight and in the process help prevent diabetes. Especially if you know it is in your family. Then exercise is even more important.
See it: Importance of Exercise
4) Balanced diet. Since diabetes affect the body's ability to either produce to much or too little insulin. It is best to use low fat products and cut down on sugars. Restrict how much glucose and starches is in meals or even snacks.
5) Go for a checkup. Know what your glucose measurement is. Especially if it runs in your family history. If overweight then it is much more urgent.
6) Fresh fruit and vegetables. Increase your intake of fresh fruit and vegetables.
Advice warnings and tips.
Be careful of diet cool drinks. As it has a substitute that still contains sugar. It will still affect your blood sugar levels. Even more be careful of sugar free foods, as it contains sorbitol. Sorbitol is in the body and is converted to fructose. But as there isn't enough glucose it cant complete the conversion. So it can not be released from cells in the body and causes diabetes related complications.