The Nation's Health

Drinking water
Health tips

Drinking water

Drinking water or other beverage should be done between meals, and not during them. Having liquid in your stomach at the same time as you have food makes it harder for the stomach to digest the food and can cause problems such as gas and/or other stomach troubles. 30 minutes before a meal and two hours after one is what's most optimal. If your stomach is empty and you drink water, it passes through after half an hour. For food it takes two hours. I stopped drinking water during meals last year. I did it to see if I felt any difference, and I did. Got a "better"overall stomach feeling.The first weeks or so was hard to not drink because you're used to do it, but now I'm used to not drink during meals.It's all about changing ones habits.

1.4/10 stars (016)