The Nation's Health

The 12 days of Christmas by Ella Shaw…

"25 year old female, spreading the christmas joy"

Dear readers,

Despite it being mid-december, Christmas only being a week away, plenty of parties to go to, oodles of festive cheer wherever you look and it supposedly being a joyful time of year, that doesn't appear enough to put people in a good mood. I sat on a train last week and for an hour I watched throng after throng of commuters get on and off the train. Not a word or smile shared. Just pure misery. And I don't know what they are so glum about, they'll all have Christmas off, be partying on New Years Eve whilst the emergency services are working. As I have done for the past few years, I have edited the 12 days of christmas to put a smile on the faces of any EMS who read it. I hope you enjoy. Merry Christmas to one and all. Be safe out there

The 12 Days of Christmas

On the 12th day of Christmas my control gave to me:

12 Cancellations

11 Not a givens

10 Bouts of man flu

9 Not Alerts

8 Pyrexic babies

7 Granny downs

6 Drunken Polish

Off late Again.......

4 Changing colours

3 Pregnant chavs

2 Mental breakdowns

And a cyclist with a grazed knee!

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!