The Nation's Health

MORE Opinions Required

Ok people, I require your help AGAIN! Thanks for all the comments in Opinions Required. Same question, except this time I have changed 1 number and added one word.

I did a job a few weeks back that I want to write about. First though, I want some different opinions from you lot!

"94 year old male, chest pain, suicidal, verbally aggressive, police requested"

That was the information that I had. I chose not to wait for police because he was 94! I was feeling particularly bolshy on this particular day!

The patients brother met us outside the flat and gave us a run down on his past medical history. The highlights included, paranoid schizophrenia, delusions, hallucinations, psychotic outbursts and OCD. Today he is extremely agitated. We entered the property and cancelled the police.

I swung open the bedroom door. The patient was standing in the middle of the room holding a zimmer-frame. He stared at me. He slowly starts walking towards me.

"Get out of my fucking flat or I'll throw you out of the fucking window, I mean it. Fuck off."

He says this whilst raising his fists.

* * * * *

So! What I want to know is, what would you do? What should I have done? What are your thoughts on the situation I find myself in? I welcome the views of everyone! Ambulance staff, police, mental health working, nurses or anyone who wants to share what they'd do! Please comment!!

Thanks, Ella x