The Nation's Health

My Best Film of All Time: MILK

Milk

Last year when I sat down and tried to write a list of the best films of 2014, after about 20 minutes I threw down my pen in defeat. I concluded I couldn’t do it because, put simply, I hadn’t seen enough films to make the call.

This year I feel I’ve seen enough, read enough and written enough about films from a wide range of sources that I don’t feel as inferior when it comes to throwing together my choices of the best in `14. I even put off posting this list to the second last day of the year so I could cram in as many movie screenings as possible, poor me. Basically the titles on this list went beyond the `wow’ reaction; they freakin’ blew me out of the water and most are now permanently embedded on my favourites list. Drum roll please...