The Nation's Health

Broccoli Cornbread Bake (bringing it back)

This was one of the first recipes I ever posted on Health and Happiness. Sometimes I forget that I make certain dishes and am pleasantly surprised when I dust them off again and they're just as good as I remember them. I had a bunch of broccoli I didn't know what to do with and didn't feel like making creamy broccoli soup again - so this was this was an excellent solution. :)

Here's an oldie but a goodie.

Broccoli Cornbread Bake
Serves 9

1/2 c buttermilk
1 onion, chopped
1 pkg. frozen chopped broccoli or 1 fresh head
1 box Jiffy cornbread mix
2 eggs, slightly beaten
8 oz. cottage cheese
Cheddar cheese for sprinkling over the top

Whisk buttermilk into eggs. Beat add cottage cheese, cornbread mix
broccoli (thawed and drained), pepper, and onion. Pour into baking
dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until center is
done.

Nutrition (without cheddar cheese):
Calories 167, 5g fat, 9g protein, 23g carbohydrate, 49mg cholesterol, 450 mg sodium, 3g fiber