The Nation's Health

Current Favorite Sandwich - Scrambled Egg and Avocado on an English Muffin

For a quick first comment - I'm done with my dietetic internship!! Now only one step away (the exam) from being an official RD (registered dietitian). But on to more important things, healthy food...

Do you ever have periods of time where there is an ingredient or food that seems to show up in everything you make? Recently avocado and goat cheese have been the favorites. I have also found sandwiches making a come-back into my favorite foods... with good bread or extra delicious fillings.

Last night I was trying to think of something for dinner and couldn't get a sandwich I made on a whim, a few weeks back, out of my head. Egg, cheese, and avocado. The only problem... I hadn't made bread in quite some time, but I didn't want just bread, I wanted an English muffin - something crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. The idea of the sandwich would not leave my head, nothing else for dinner would do. I skipped down to the local natural foods store a few blocks from my house and found some good muffins and impulsed bought some peach ginger loose-leaf tea and BBQ tofu (it's like an addiction - yep, that good).

Slice up your favorites and excuse the messy cutting board surface.
Now for the sandwich:
Scrambled up one egg
Toast one English muffin
Slice up half a small avocado and a small tomato
Melt some brie on the eggs
Assemble the perfect sandwich

-Also packed with whole wheat for fiber, tomatoes for vitamin C, eggs for the perfect protein, and avocado for those good fats. RD's dream.

Assemble and add a piece of BBQ tofu on the side for good measure.

Perfection - English muffin, egg, brie, avocado, and tomato.
Not sure how today's lunch is going to top that... ?