The Nation's Health

Lazy days leading to the month of May

Ooohh, boy. It has been a while for my latest blogging adventures and I'm clearly playing catch-up. Not every dish or recipe makes it on to my blog, but I wanted to share a few along with other things I've been up to lately.
Creamy polenta topped with asparagus, over easy egg, and parmesan.

Incredible brunch with work colleagues at Cafe Lush.
I made a wonderful egg crustless quiche with leeks, potatoes, and smoked gouda cheese.
On nearly my 5th anniversary of returning from my monthly abroad, I opened this Chianti I bought in Florence (almost exactly 5 year ago). It was really delicious.
Took a weekend vacation to Arizona to visit Flagstaff and Sedona - the red rock is beyond gorgeous.
More while driving to Sedona.
We traveled a bit further to Jerome, AZ which is an old mining town - complete with cute shops and plenty of wineries to sample.
One of those being owned by the lead singer of Tool.
Such a beautiful place.
Visited the zoo and saw a baby rhino!
The Botanical Gardens.
I found a mushroom big enough for me to sit on.
And a dragon hopefully not hungry enough to eat me.
All in all, some pretty good weekends so far. I'm excited for this coming weekend and the next to visit on of my college friends/roommate who will be getting married in a few months. :)