The Nation's Health

Tandoori Chicken with Roasted Vegetables and Wild Rice

As promised here is one meal/recipe from this week's menu. Typically, I can go weeks without eating meat... I'm not a vegetarian, I just don't think about meat... I think about protein in general when planning a meal, but I had some extra chicken in the freezer and had a good recipe from Cooking Light.
And I put it all to good use!

I marinated everything for almost 24 hours since that is just the time I had, but you could also prepare in the morning for later that night.

Ingredients

small onion corsely chopped
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 garlic cloves
1/2 low-fat plain yogurt
1 T lemon juice
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
Dash of nutmeg
4 (4 oz) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Directions

Place first 3 ingredients in a food procesor and process until finely chopped. Add yogurt and the next 8 ingredients; pulse until blended.

Make 3 diagonal cuts across the top of each breast half. Combine chicken and yogurt mixture in large zip-lock bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 8 hours or up to 24.

Prepare grill or broiler.

Remove chicken breast from bag and discard marinade. Place chicken on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray; cook 6 mintes on each side or until chicken is done.

Yields 4 servings (1 chicken breast half). ~27-30g protein and 130-140 kcal.

For the rest of the meal, I fixed some wild rice - just plain. And roasted vegetables that were marinated in a honey mustard type sauce.