The Nation's Health

I'm Officially Obsessed With My New Sandwich Maker

Chicken

Rachael Ray Open Skillet Twin Pack and Proctor-Silex Sandwich Maker

And, my new Rachael Ray frying pans. Last week, I ordered the Rachael Ray Open Skillet Twin Pack and Proctor-Silex Sandwich Maker from amazon.com with the intention of reintroducing myself to my stove and finally making cooking fun again. And, that I did. After receiving my shiny new toys, I immediately started my attempt at recreating one of my favorite dishes from the Cheesecake Factory - the Buffalo Blasts.

I started by cooking up some chicken tenders in the small frying pan with just non-stick cooking spray. Next, I shredded the chicken and mixed it with buffalo sauce for the filling of the sandwich pockets. I then cut two small whole wheat tortillas into squares and placed one tortilla topped with the buffalo chicken and a little shredded cheddar on the bottom of the pre-heated sandwich press. I placed the second tortilla square on top, closed the lid, crossed my fingers, and waited.

About 5 minutes later I found myself enjoying a perfect little buffalo chicken tortilla pocket. This little sandwich pocket is probably one of the best things I have ever made. And, even more importantly, it was one of the EASIEST. So easy that even I didn't manage to screw it up.

It probably helped that the press does the hard part for you and gives the pocket crispy sealed edges that will be great for re-heating in the toaster or microwave at work. Also, just like the pans, the press was mess-free and the non-stick surface made for a quick clean up. (Seriously, both the press and the pans took about a minute to wash. WIN! ) Oh and pans are totally cute. Like the kind of cute that makes you want to actually use them.

Needless to say, both of these items are a definite YAY in my book, and I cannot wait to start experimenting with different fillings.