The Nation's Health

Confetti Detox Salad

This is a great salad I found on Oh She Glows. Just be careful because it does make a lot!

Here are some of the basics that I used.

First have a large good food processor or it will take a.w.h.i.l.e. I found this out the hard way.
Some of these recipes are back to just using the estimate and dump method so I apologize to those who like things that are exact measurements.

2 bunches broccoli
1 head cauliflower
2 cups shredded carrots
1/2 raisins
1/2 sunflower seeds
1/2 dried currants
Splash of lemon juice and maple syrup or flavored vinegar.

Mince up the broccoli and cauliflower tops (florets) in a food processor until pretty fine - you don't want big chunks. Shred the carrots up in the food processor as well.

Mix everything up in a big bowl and enjoy! I think the name comes from those old detox diets of lemon and maple water - so that is the main flavoring for it. Generally I'm wary of anything labeled detox since a healthy lifestyle is needed not just a week or two of drinking water with some flavoring. But this was pretty good and an excellent addition for good nutrition.

Feel free to cut this in half, which is probably what I should have done, especially since I'm the only one taking it for my meals during the week.

Enjoy the cleanse. :)