The Nation's Health

Weekend Wedding

This weekend's festivities included one of my roommates (AR) getting married! So I guess that makes him a former roommate - now he has a home with his lovely wife. Ceremony and reception were steps from each other with the whole party happening at The Red Barn Experience. The wedding was beautiful and completely embodied the couple's love and style. I'm not sure if I have been at a wedding that fit two people so well - the weather was perfect, the location, the decorations, and of course the food and drink was all exceptional. They both share a passion for food and that old country chic style - AR was actually the one who turned me on to the goats farm and really appreciating cheese as well as always knowing to good restaurants in town.

One of my other roommates, Sarah, and I were in charge of the appetizer table (and I can say we did a pretty darn good job). But pictures always speak louder than words - so....

Table Settings

Dinner Area

Head Table

Place Settings

Both of their parents were married June 1 & 2 - now they'll have 3 anniversaries in a weekend.

Crostini, hummus, carrots, tomatoes, and a cured meats tray.

Manchego with quince preserves and olive tray.

Aged sheep's cheese from Prairie Fruits Farm and Raspberry and 18 yr old aged balsamics

Grapes, almonds, pestos, prunes, goat brie, angel bloom cheese, and edam with crackers.

Humbolt with raspberry preserves.

The meal stone oven pizza made in fire trucks!

Almost ready for festivities to begin.

The agenda for the evening.

Signature cocktails for the evening... you bet I tried them all. ;)

Exchanging of the rings.

Pizza with goat cheese, onions, spinach, peppers, and goodness.

My plate - goat cheese with onion, potato, and mole pulled pork pizzas.

Three of the 4 roommates.

The happy couple.
Thanks to the bride, groom, and their families - it was a great evening!!