Obesity is the Real Problem in the USA
Obesity is a growing problem around the world and especially in the United States. The problem is a serious one since being significantly overweight can cause many health issues. Obesity isn’t just something that affects physical appearance, although that alone can trigger emotional problems connected to self-esteem that can lead to depression and withdrawal from the outside world.
A person who weighs at least 40 percent more than their ideal weight is approximately twice as apt to die earlier than a person whose weight is normal. The more overweight someone is, the more at risk they are to chronic diseases. That would explain why many people who are unsuccessful at losing weight through diet and exercise are checking into surgical options like the lap band.
Some health problems associated with obesity include:
- Heart disease and high blood pressure – Overweight people are more prone to high blood pressure, which is one of the leading factors that cause strokes and heart disease. High cholesterol also tends to be a trait in obese people, another factor contributing to heart disease. Being overweight can also decrease the amount of oxygen that gets to the heart.
- Type 2 Diabetes – This is a frequent cause of early death, stroke, heart issues, and even blindness in people who are obese. In someone who is obese the body can learn to resist insulin. Insulin controls the levels of blood sugar and eventually the high sugar levels that can result can seriously damage the body.
- Affect on weight-bearing joints – The excess weight that is placed on the joints like the hips and knees can quickly cause wear and inflammation, which results in pain. The back is constantly under extra strain, causing problems with the disks, pain, and decrease in mobility.
- Breathing problems and sleep apnea – In someone who is obese, fat can build up in the areas of the tongue and neck as well, causing the air passages to become obstructed. When lying on the back to sleep, these obstructions worsen and may cause the individual to wake up repeatedly in order to find a better position in which to breathe.
There are many other health conditions that are caused by being obese. Excess weight can cause other physical issues like an increase in sweating, trouble breathing, acne and other skin conditions, and trouble walking. For more information about health problems related to obesity, there are reliable sources online like WebMD.com and MedicineNet.com that can help.
The Health Problems: Obesity
On the most prestigious dog show in the United States won terrier by named Sky (lives in Frisco, Texas). In the final of Dog Show also was present: poodle, Yorkshire terrier, English bulldog, miniature pincher and Siberian husky. Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show started in New York City since 1877. This Dog Show is the most respected in the USA. At this show was collected various the pedigree dogs from all World.
- The 10 Most Popular Episodes of Intervention
- How Lifestyle and Natural Supplements Can Improve Health
- Appetite Loss: Reasons & Treatment
- National Egg and Sperm Donor Statistics
- Buy Responsibly | All Social Ads
- 6 Facts About Smoking
- WARNING: Smoking Can Kill You
- The Men's Health
- Separate Food = Healthy Food
- What is the Viagra Effect?